Congrats on making it to Thursday! That’s no small feat by any means and definitely deserves a congrats and a pat on the back in my book. Since I’m not there to do it, raise your arm up in the air and give yourself a nice big pat on the back. PERFECT!
Okay, now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, let’s get into my contribution to Thinking Out Loud Thursday, hosted by Amanda at Running With Spoons where I talk about all things random and at the top of my mind right now. Let’s dig in!
1. So this happened at work yesterday. Russell Wilson made a guest appearance for a questions and answer/meet & greet type session. I have to say he’s much dreamier in person! I know this doesn’t come as a shocker to anyone but he is a very inspirational speaker and quite personable!
A couple of things he mentioned that I thought were really interesting are:
– His favorite post game meal is steak and mac and cheese from Metropolitan Grill in Seattle. I guess we all know where I will be next season. 🙂 Too bad it’s WAY too expensive for normal people to be able to afford to eat there. Oh well…
– After a game, he has a hard time getting to sleep and sometimes doesn’t make it to bed until 2 or 3 in the morning. Even though he doesn’t go to bed until late (or early depending on how you look at it), he still wakes up at around 4:30am to go swimming to help get rid of the lactic acid buildup in his body from the game.
– The reason he chose to partner with Seattle Children’s Hospital was because his dad was sick and in the hospital a lot as a child and his mom was an ER nurse, so he was used to spending a lot of time in hospitals already. He started partnering with hospitals prior to moving to Seattle and knew it was something he wanted to continue when he moved here, so he called the hospital to work out the details the day he landed.
– He shops on Amazon.com but doesn’t use his real name when he places orders.
Since there were so many people there, we weren’t able to get pictures or autographs (boooo). I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that work productivity went down severely before and during his Q&A session. This is only part of the room.
2. On a less exciting note… I’ve been off exercise for almost two weeks now and it’s driving me absolutely insane. I had a really bad week last week with my injury flaring up again, so I took the week off because I was in constant pain all week.
This week, I started seeing a fancy chiropractor in hopes that he could help get my pain back in check. He took all sorts of x-rays of my spine and it turns out that I’m still completely out of alignment from the accident, so hopefully after this 90 day round of treatment, I will be back to myself again. I’m beyond excited, because I can’t wait to lace up and get back out there running!
Turns out my neck is out of alignment by 86.9%, my mid-back is off by 4.6% and my low back is off by 38.9% STILL. Even though it’s been almost 5 months since my accident and I’ve been receiving treatment the whole time. Talk about annoying! On the flip side though, it’s pretty cool what they can figure out using modern technology!
3. Speaking of getting back out there running, I got an email this week announcing the dates for the Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend. It’s at the end of September and I’m seriously considering signing up. I know it sounds crazy to fly all the way to Paris to run a half, but it also sounds kind of awesome. Like a once in a lifetime kind of thing. I mean can you imagine running by the Eiffle Tower? Awesome. End of story.
4. I love that companies are starting to get on board with putting out seasonal limited edition flavors of their products, like Oreos, Pop Tarts and CAKE MIXES! Remember that time when I considered buying the limited watermelon cake mix on eBay? Since I missed out on the watermelon cake mix and frosting when it was in the stores, I’ve been on the lookout for the next great thing.
A few weeks ago, I came across this Key Lime cake mix and had to give it a try. It was good but not great, so I definitely won’t be rushing out to stock up before they run out.
5. I came home to a package with these in it from my parents the other day. They totally made my week and brought a smile to my face! I have the best parents a girl could ever ask for. But seriously though…
I really love having fresh flowers around and love the Mason jar vase! I can’t wait for the satellite version of Pike Place Market to open up on my campus at work in a few weeks so I can have fresh flowers around for the spring/summer.
They’re really starting to open up! 🙂
6. My cousin is pretty much awesome. Remember that time when I was on a mission to find this “Will Run For Wine” tank at Target but it was sold out in my size? My cousin sent me a text yesterday morning (while I was waiting for Russell Wilson) that she found it ON SALE at Zulily! I may or may not have ordered it right then and there.
7. I started using a valet service for my car when I drive in to work since parking in Downtown Seattle is impossible. Now before you get the wrong impression, it’s less expensive than paying to park your car for a day (I pay $15 a day to valet and $22+ to park myself) so it’s a cost effective decision that just happens to sound luxurious.
When I got my car back yesterday after work, they left me a fancy box of water in my car and it made me happy.
Questions of the Day:
If you were thinking out loud, what would you tell me?
What is one good thing that has happened to you this week?