Happy first Friday of 2015! I’ve gotta say, I’m really excited to start a new year with a new way of thinking, how about you?!?! There’s nothing I love more than starting over fresh with endless possibilities of what the future may hold. It somehow seems like the start of a new year means anything is possible. I start to walk around with a little extra bounce in my step and wind in my sails that wasn’t there before and it feels great!
Enough new year talk though, because today is all about playing favorites! Since I haven’t really been doing much besides eating and watching movies lately, I’m sure you can guess what theme my picks are going to take this week. I hope you find something new to check out! Enjoy!
1. Homemade Tea Lattes – My favorite combination currently is Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice with around 1/3 cup of vanilla soymilk. It tastes like chai tea, but without the caffeine. Another thing I really like about it is that the addition of the soymilk makes it taste a little more like a treat! I like to make a cup when I’m ready to unwind for the evening and turn on one of my favorite shows. I’ve also tried this with Celestial Seasonings Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride, which I didn’t like previously, but I enjoyed it a lot more with the addition of soymilk. YUM!
2. Acai Bowls – I didn’t know of a place where they served acai bowls in my area before a few days ago, so I’m a little late jumping on this train. I’ve already had two within the last week from Jamba Juice and have fallen in love with them. Good thing they just ran a Groupon for them!
3. Divergent – I’m also a little late jumping on the train for this movie. I’ve been watching a lot of movies lately since I’ve been spending a lot of time relaxing at home, so I was finally able to check this movie out. I was absolutely hooked for the ENTIRE movie. I usually get a little bored and distracted during movies and start playing on my phone, but this movie held my attention the WHOLE TIME! I’m definitely going to have to read all of the books before the next movie comes out!
4. Love Crunch Dark Chocolate and Red Berry Granola- I’ve been enjoying this granola paired with vanilla soy yogurt and frozen dark red cherries in the morning. Delicious!
5. VS Knockout Crop Pants- I’ve been looking to add a little variety to my workout wardrobe, so I was really excited to add these workout crops to my collection. They were even on sale! Happy late Christmas to me!
5 Favorite Links
Finding the Best Version of Me via Jill Conyers – I couldn’t agree more with this!
Brownie Batter Protein Bites via The Fitnessista – These sound like the perfect mid day snack! YUM!
Cookie Cutter Pancakes via Kath Eats Real Food – Pancakes have become kind of a staple lately, so I really want to try this.
Marshmallow Popcorn Bars via Real Simple – This sounds so good!
Hangover Busting Smoothie Recipe via Fannetastic Foods – I have a feeling a lot of people could have used this on New Years’ Day!
Questions of the Day:
What are some of your favorites from this week?
Any fun plans for the weekend?
What’s your tea?