I’m going to be honest with you, if today wasn’t Friday and there was still one more work day left in the week, I don’t think I would make it through. I’m spent. This week has been insane at work and I’m glad to take a step back for a couple days and just have some me time. Even despite the craziness of my life this week, I had some head shaking situations that I just had to share. Hopefully they can make you laugh as much as they made me laugh at myself!\
1. If you’re a piece of clothing in my wardrobe, laundry is like a survival of the fittest experiment. Laundry time usually goes like this for me:
Ummm… where are all my workout pants and white tank tops? They can’t possibly all be dirty… can they? I literally JUST did laundry.
Then I literally take everything (and I mean everything) that is dirty and throw it all into one load and hope for the best. I very rarely sort my clothes, so my clothes have to have what it takes to survive the laundry. Sometimes… maybe… just maybe… I will hang dry a top or two, but that’s it. There’s no special treatment around here.
2. They still haven’t switched from air conditioning to heat in my office, even though it’s been below 40 degrees lately, so it’s been freezing at work. Yesterday it was so cold that I couldn’t feel my toes, so I plugged in a space heater to try to warm things up a little. Turns out that wasn’t a good idea. I ended up blowing the circuit breaker in my office and had to go hunt down the building superintendent to fix everything for the third time this week. Yikes. I promised him that this time was the last time I tried to use a space heater to keep warm and that I would just start wearing a onesie to work. My only requirement is that it must be an animal one with ears on the hood. Any suggestions?
3. The other day I was watching the brand spankin’ new Taylor Swift video for “Blank Space”, which is really good by the way, and realized I had the words for this song COMPLETELY wrong. I thought that the lyric was “I’ve got a long list of Starbucks lovers” (I know this makes absolutely no sense at all, but that’s what I heard), and had an epiphany the other day when watching this video. I realized that the lyric really was “I’ve got a long list of ex-lovers.” Ahhh… that makes WAY more sense!
Now that we’re on the topic of Taylor Swift, I learned this week that she removed ALL of her music from Spotify! WHAT?!?!?! YIKES! I use Spotify for EVERYTHING. I listen to it in the car, on the bus and at the gym, so not having access to her music for my playlists is no bueno! I own all of her albums, but it seems like a huge pain to load them in to Spotify so I can still have T-Swift on my playlists. First world problems. *sighs*
4. I am absolutely horrible at angle back in only parking. This became very aapparentto me as I was
parking attempting to park my car at work yesterday. I normally avoid back in only parking at all costs, but there was absolutely no where else to park, so I had no choice. I put my car in reverse and started to maneuver my way into the parking spot and ended up stopping traffic on the street going in both directions until I got situated. I’m absolutely terrified that I am going to end up backing into a car, so I take my sweet time backing up. Also, I can never manage to get in the middle of the stupid parking spot so I have to readjust my car like 10 times and am just praying no one is around to witness the embarrassment that just happened. I would have probably been in trouble if back in parking was on the driving test in WA state. #fail
5. Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year because there are SOOOO many fat penguin Christmas decorations in the stores. Just kidding… I love Christmas for all of the obvious reasons, but fat penguins are just a bonus because fat penguins are my absolute favorite! Check out some of the fat penguin swag I’ve picked up so far this season!
Fat penguin socks
Fat penguin nutcracker
Fat penguin desk knick nack.
I’ve also picked out a fat penguin ugly Christmas sweater that I’m planning to wear to some upcoming Christmas runs, a Christmas present delivery volunteer thing I’m doing with a friend and to have on hand for any ugly sweater parties this season! I can’t wait to get it!
Questions of the Day:
If you could have a onesie of any animal, what would it be?
What’s your most favorite thing about the holiday season?
What’s your favorite holiday side dish?