Well hello there! How are you doing today?
After reading the blog post “Little Luxuries” by Kristin Armstrong on the Runner’s World website last week, I started thinking about how true this post really was. When I pamper myself with little luxuries, it gives me a higher sense of self worth and makes me feel better about myself over all. Like Kristin stated in her post, these luxuries are mostly relatively low to no cost items that show you value yourself and make you feel special.
I wanted to make a list of luxuries like Kristin did in her post about some of the things that make me feel special. I didn’t seem to have as easy of a time writing my list as she did though. I didn’t come up with nearly as many as she did! Here’s my list:
- having painted nails
- going for a mani/pedi with a friend
- going to brunch with a friend
- talking a mid day walk
- curling up with a book
- burning a scented candle
- drinking a cup of tea
- cuddling with my dog
- spending time with my family
- sleeping in
- not rushing to leave the house
- straightening my hair (I usually just let it air dry.)
- decorating my work space
- an extra sweaty workout
- catching up with a friend or family member for a few minutes each day
- taking a nap
- watching my favorite tv shows
- being there for the people I love
- working towards a goal
- helping someone else achieve their goals
- clean sheets
- participating in a run
- trying a new recipe
- getting my hair done
- fro yo
- watching funny videos on YouTube
- bubble baths
- wearing perfume
- dancing to a fun song without worrying who is watching
It’s important that we set aside time each day to do something that makes us feel valued and important in our own lives. We tend to run around from one place to another day after day, without really stopping to appreciate the little things life has to offer and this is no way to live! We need to slow down a little and appreciate the little things because they are what make the bad things life sometimes throws our way just a little more tolerable.
Questions of the Day:
What is the last luxury you indulged yourself in?
What’s your favorite way to pamper yourself?
What giveaway items would you most like to see?