Hello and HAPPY FRIDAY!
Not gonna lie, the fact that it’s FINALLY Friday kind of makes me want to do a happy dance…
Or plaster a huge smile on my face like this fluffy puppy with it’s foot stuck in a toilet paper roll. 🙂
Anyways… here are 5 random thoughts/things that happened to me this week that I just HAD to share with you! Enjoy!
1. I’m absolutely horrible with directions. If you know me in non-internet land, you’re shaking your head and laughing right now, guaranteed. Whenever I’m driving around lost in my own neighborhood, I always think about an episode of How I Met Your Mother where Ted mentions how everyone has a blatant gap in their knowledge of information all people should know. Directions are definitely where my blatant gap in knowledge is. No doubt.
After the Biggest Loser Half on Sunday, Katie’s boyfriend Anthony was nice enough to drive me from the finish line back to my car, which would was about 25 minutes away, if I had to walk there. I know this because I mapped it out and then silently cursed my choice of shoes for the day (flat black knee high boots). As we were driving back to my car, I realized that the location I had pulled up on maps before I left my car only had one street number, not the exact address of my cars’ location. Oh no. Thankfully, I also took a screenshot of the map showing where my car was, in case I got lost. I showed it to Anthony and he was able to find my car for me. Thank goodness he knows how to read a map!
Now that was just a long story I had to tell you before I could get to the story from this week that I want to share with you. I went to dinner on Wednesday with my friend Jenni. We went to college together back in the day and also scooped ice cream together for awhile at Baskin Robbins (I worked there for about a year at the end of high school and beginning of college). This is a photo of us at the fair in 2006 below. We had a really good time catching up on each others’ lives and enjoyed some delicious Mexican food!
YUM! Since I wasn’t in a hurry to get home after dinner, I decided to test myself to see if I could make it home without using my GPS. Guess what?!?! I MADE IT!!! This is no small victory people! I can rarely ever make it anywhere without using my GPS, so I feel a HUGE sense of accomplishment when I’m able to find my way around without it.
2. I’ve developed an unhealthy attachment to Kit Kat bars lately. I’m not sure what it is about them, but it’s definitely not a good thing that the cafe in my building sells them in the king size version. What I’ve started to do lately to keep myself from eating the whole thing at once is taking a piece or two out and then leaving the rest with a coworker in my office that is only in office a most 3 times a week. Since he keeps it in his desk, I won’t go scrounging around to find it if he’s not in the office so it limits my intake. He will also only let me have at most two pieces at a time, so that helps keep me from going into a Kit Kat sugar coma also!
3. I started shopping for a road bike this week so that I can start doing road races and hopefully a few duathlons in the future. The store worker showed me the blue bike below as a possible option for me and had me get onto it to check to see if it was the right frame size for me.
Here are a few thoughts that immediately ran through my mind as I ungracefully hopped onto the bike.
Why did I think jeans and boots were appropriate clothing choices for this endeavor?
This is much easier to do on a spin bike.
What if I fall over?
What if I’ve forgotten how to ride a non-stationary bike and look like an idiot?
$1,900 is a lot of money to spend on a bike. Thankfully my friend, Matt, is going to help me find a similar used bike that is much more affordable.
What have I gotten myself into?
4. I have been on the lookout for some new healthy breakfast options this week. I remembered coming across this recipe from Peanut Butter Fingers for her Three Minute Oatmeal and decided to give it a shot. Here’s the ingredients I used to make mine (minus the brown sugar I added in at the end).
And here’s what my finished breakfast looked like. I ended up splitting it into two meals since the recipe made way more than I was hungry for this morning. I think this would be delicious topped with some fresh berries also so I plan on trying that next!
5. Mickie and I have been getting into the Halloween spirit at work this week. It makes coming to work so much more fun when your office has a little personality to it! Here are some photos of our decorations for you to enjoy!
Questions of the Day:
Tell me your 5 things this Friday! GO!
What’s your favorite healthy breakfast option?
What’s your guilty pleasure treat?