Have you guys been having a good weekend? I’ve honestly been doing a whole lot of nothing so far. Later today, I’m headed over to a friends house for a little girl time before heading to a BBQ today so I’m excited about that!
During my time spent doing a whole lot of nothing yesterday, I came across the show “Red Band Society” and decided to give it a go. If you haven’t watched this show yet, I’d highly recommend it. It’s certainly not a show full of laughs, but what it lacks in laughs, it makes up for in life lessons. Here’s one of the lessons I took from it that I wanted to share with you all.
Those are wise words that are easier said than done to truly believe deep down inside. That being said, I think they are very important words to believe in order to be the best version of ourselves. I know, I know…. that’s deep for a Sunday morning! 🙂
Now, enough with the life lesson for today and on to the links I’m loving this week. There’s some really good stuff here so spend some time and check it out. I promise you won’t regret it! Though I’m recommending all of these, if I could only choose a few, I’d choose the first two posts under motivational and the first post for baked apples under recipes. Let me know what you think! 🙂
- “Your Circle” by Mama Laughlin
- Sometimes when you make changes in your life, that also means you have to change the people you surround yourself with.
- “Carrying the Weight” by Mile Markers vs Runner’s World
- You MUST read this. I won’t spoil it for you, but you won’t regret it. I promise.
- “When Little Girls Get Called Fat” by Blogilates
- 80% of 10-year-old girls are worried about being fat? Wow. That statistic hit me hard. I wish that I could say I wasn’t one of those girls when I was little, but I most certainly was. I specifically remember breaking down in tears in the kitchen to my parents because I wanted this low calorie flavored drink but refused to drink it because of the calories and I didn’t want to be fat. Needless to say, this article hit home with me and reminded me how I need to love my body the way it is, instead of hating it for not being what I wish it.
- “Family First” by STUFT Mama
- About halfway down this post, she talks about how no matter how busy you are or how much work you should be doing, you have to slow down and put your family first. She also says the key to her marriage being a success is that they support each others’ passions. Both important lessons to learn here. It’s hard take a step back and slow down for a little bit, but I think it’s necessary in order to reconnect with what really matters in life.
- “Slowing Down” by MilePosts
- This was an important lesson for me to learn this week. Sometimes you just need to take a step back, slow down and live in the now.
- “4 Chilly Progression Miles” by MilePosts
- Seems like a lot of people in blog land are having a rough time with balance and slowing down this week! This post is about trying to find balance.
- “Rice Cooker Cinnamon Baked Apples” by Daily Garnish
- I can’t wait to try these rice cooker baked apples! I’m sure they taste and smell so delicious!
- “Fall Favorite Pumpkin Recipes and Sweaters” by Run Eat Repeat
- More pumpkin recipes for all you pumpkin lovers out there!
- “Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Bake” by Running with Spoons
- I’m thinking I need to switch up my normal eggs for breakfast routine with this.
- “Detox Juice You Can Make in a Blender” by Run Eat Repeat
- Most juice recipes are meant for a juicer so I thought this was a refreshing change. Besides, who doesn’t need a nice detox juice after a long weekend?!?! 🙂
- “Recover Post-Class with these 5 Avocado Recipes” by Flywheel Blog
- I REALLY want to try this avocado pudding!
- “Your Breakfast Problems Solved” by Run Eat Repeat
- I love how easy and delicious all of these breakfast ideas are since I NEVER have time to make breakfast during the week until I actually get to the office. Most of these are perfect to make on the go.
- “10 Remarks No Runner Wants to Hear” by Shut Up and Run!
- Funny, yet so true!
- “Driver Plows Through Maui Marathon Starting Line” by Competitor.com
- “Guest Post: Chicks Dig Running” by Chicks Dig Running via Peanut Butter Fingers
- Interesting read on different pre and post workout snacks based on the type of workout you chose.
- “Pilk’s Point: A Recharge of Inspiration” by Competitor.com
- An interesting post on running as part of a charity team and the deep bonds formed between teammates in the process.
- “A Survival Guide to the Grossest Things About Running” by Competitor.com
- So gross but so true!
Questions of the Day:
What links are you loving this week?
What are you up to today?
What is your go to food to take to a BBQ?