What are you guys up to today? I’m out and about fitting in a little time at the gym before heading to the fair to no doubt eat all the calories and then some that I just burned at the gym in deep fried fair food. I used to make it to the fair at least once a year, either for work (my old job used to require me to spend a TON of time at the fair), a concert or just for fun with friends, but I’m actually not sure when the last time I went was.
I think it may have been in 2011 when I went with this lady to see the Joe Nichols concert. We were lucky enough to score some meet and greet passes for after the show, but I can’t find my picture! FAIL! (Random side note: I think this photo was taken when I was insanely addicted to spray tanning. Sometimes, I would go twice a week. It was a scary time!)
Okay… tangent finished. 🙂 Now, on to some of the interesting reads I came across online this week. I love sharing interesting blog posts/articles I come across with my friends, so I decided why not share them with all of you too! Make sure to comment below with some of the interesting things you’ve been reading this week.
- “I’m So Grateful For Who I’ve Become” by Flywheel Blog
- This is an inspiring story about how spin helped Lauren go from lifelong perfectionist with self-confidence and anxiety issues to a strong confident woman who became proud of who she saw staring back at her in the mirror.
- “The Good Stuff” by Skinny Chic Blog
- SC shares her recent reality check and how grateful she is to be able to participate in the sport she loves (running). I love her stop and smell the roses and appreciate the beauty around you approach to blogging. It’s refreshing and gives me a new prospective on life.
- “Jessica Hofheimer: Making Mistakes, Learning Lessons” by Competitor.com
- A great article about learning and growing from your mistakes, instead of beating yourself up over them.
- “5-Minute Protein Packed Vegetarian Stir Fry” by Carrots ‘N’ Cake
- This looks delicious and easy. My two favorite things in a recipe!
- “Things I’m Loving Friday” by Peanut Butter Fingers
- Awesome looking Coconut Water Green Smoothie recipe that I want to try!
- “Three Minute Egg White Oatmeal” by Peanut Butter Fingers
- This breakfast idea looks right up my alley! YUM!
- “How To Eat Intuitively: A Guide to Mindful Eating” by fANNEtastic Food
- This post has been getting a lot of love online this week and rightfully so. It explains the concept of how to eat intuitively so you can stop over/under eating and learn to eat what your body needs and craves without beating yourself up over it. Awesome read!
- “Turkey Trot 10k Training Plan” by Run Eat Repeat
- Great training plan to get you ready for your 10k by Turkey Day.
- “BAA Opens 2015 Boston Registration For 8,000 More Runners” by Competitor.com
- I just thought this was interesting and exciting news for all of you 2015 Boston hopefuls.
- “13 Healthy-Living Struggles We All Face” by FitSugar
- A comedic look at some healthy-living struggles we can all relate to.
- “Is running different for men and women?” by Run To The Finish
- Explains how things like heart size and hormones cause a difference between men and women when it comes to running. I actually had no idea about most of these, so I thought I’d share.
- “How to Work With Brands As A Blogger” by fANNEtastic food
- Explains how to reach out to brands you would like to work with as a blogger and the information your blogger media kit should include.
- “Blog Talks Tuesday: Part 2” by Peanut Butter Fingers
- More talk about how to work with brands as a blogger.
I hope you found some of these links interesting and informative. Make sure to share some of the links you’re loving below so I can check them out. Enjoy your Sunday!
Questions of the Day:
What is something you’ve read this week that you loved?
What are you up to this Sunday?